Driving through Michigan to Mackinaw


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Scenic Drive to Mackinaw City


We've had fun camping at our KOA, and the kids got to do fun activities like pan for gems & gold, ride a "train," play oversized chess, and watch family movies. Still, we're looking forward to a real bed tonight at our inn at Mackinac Island.

We set out early and opted to take the more scenic route through the state. We drove through forest and along lake shores. We were charmed by the little town of Charlevoix. We giggled at the next town, Bay Harbor, that seemed very elite and had a country club, equestrian club, yacht club, and golf club all in a row. There were a number of Victorian homes along our drive, and homes overflowing with flowers. We passed countless numbers of cherry orchards. In all, we were enchanted by this stretch of Michigan.

It was late morning when we arrived in Mackinaw City. We didn't explore it very much, but I ran into a Starbucks to use the restroom. It was the fanciest Starbucks I've been to... three floors in a cabin-style decor. The second floor had stools made out of bicycle parts. It was neat!

Our next adventure is Mackinac Island! Shepler's ferry comes every 15 minutes and runs from Mackinaw City to Mackinac Island. It's on the Lake Heron side of the state, so we'll see the next Great Lake on our Great Lakes road trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Starbucks in Mackinaw CityStarbucks in Mackinaw City
Starbucks in Mackinaw City

I had to use the restroom before finding our ferry, so I ran into a Starbucks. I loved the decor.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 85; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb