FULL CIRCLE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Grand Rapids
October 22nd 2012
Published: November 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We’re finally done with the hard work of building and moving and decorating our new condo and are enjoying the fruits of our efforts. We are proud of the work we did installing wood flooring (with the expert help of cousin Colleen and “her man” Craig, and son Aaron), installing ceramic flooring in the master bath, repairing vinyl siding and many odds and ends. Our talented Builder Tim did great work and met the goal date of 3 months.

Then we got to move in our possessions from “storage.” After 5 years of dirt and grime it was a dirty job. We lucked out that nearly everything we stored was still usable and in good shape. Our sons John and Aaron, and grandson Cory and girlfriend Megan along with a number of friends helped so much. Lucky us! Then we moved in from the motor home. It’s taken a while to buy furniture, window treatments, etc. but we’re finally feeling finished. It’s been a busy summer and fall and all worth it!

So for the first time in a long while we’re storing our motor home and enjoying seeing our children and grandchildren and friends and other family. We’re even staying “home” for the holidays. However we’ll soon be preparing for our winter trip. We’ll be packing our home on wheels to make the trek to Fellsmere, Florida in January and joining with our wonderful Habitat for Humanity friends to build houses. This will be our eighth year of reuniting and building together, this time for 7 weeks with a week off in the middle. What a great experience to serve others and have a ball doing it. We are very thankful for this opportunity.

We’ll be in touch and sharing our experiences during that time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb