Faith and shopping


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Faith and shopping

 North America » United States » Michigan » Grand Rapids By Towards the light
July 19th 2007
Anderson Family
We are about to do something that we said that we wouldn’t on this trip.

We are going to a Mall.

Right across the street from us is, what I thought was a mall, a building. It is a very large building. We asked what it was, if it was the Mall and the desk clerk smiled and said “No, that use to be the Mall. The new one in 2 miles away.”

“Oh….” I say, “What is that building now?” I swear to god that this is her answer.

“It’s a church now.”

“The mall?”

“Yes, it is a Church. That is why the parking lot is always full”

SO the old Mecca of commerce has become a Mecca of faith and the new Mecca of commerce has become a faith.

I shall take photos and keep a journal and have my cell phone handy in case we get lost or taken by the locals.


Praise the lord. (just in case)




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



19th July 2007

Power in Prayer...
Well Greg...I believe the Good Lord has finally found you. He can find you anywhere. You better hit the church as they say there is power in prayer...AMEN! Ha Ha Ha...Somehow that does not surprise me that the U.S. would make a church out of a shopping mall...They will look for guidance anywhere these days. Safe travels, oh and...May God Bless You:)
18th October 2007

amen!
LOL...I recognize the Rivertown Crossings Mall from your pictures. You're not far off the mark about Grand Rapids being very religious slash conservative. It is well-known for its conservative Dutch community and you'll find a church on practically every corner. Hope you enjoyed your visit in GR.

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb