Boston


Advertisement
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.3668, -71.106

Arr 21.46 after 21 hrs so 1pm the next day body clock time 😊

So Boston highlights (6 nights)
Our friend LMcG and her fiancé S collected us from the airport which was cool and deposited us in the very funky Hotel Marlowe in Cambridge of MIT and Harvard fame. Other friends S&S and their kids had already arrived from Ireland and the next day 3 more arrived PJ & K&B. The wedding was held at the hotel 2 days later so it was great to be based at the centre of it all. So we did a boat tour, went to the science museum, went to Harvard sq of course and spent a rainy afternoon in MIT bookshop (nerds that we are) went to Boston Common and saw Roosevelt's memorial (also Paul Reveres and Mother Gooses graves), Quincy mkt etc. and eat much good Italian (Emma's in Cambridge, Venezia in Quincy & Bricco in North End) and drank many beers with the Boston-Irish crew -whose ancestors were Irish but they are all American kids and so nice. And me we met loads of Boston crowd who were in Galway in 1989 which was a bit mad. And we had the obligatory shop in Macy's and the like. The night after the wedding a huge gang of us went out of town with L&S to Saugus in 2 huge hummers to tiki bar called Kowloon and finished off in town in JJ Foleys bar in the city which was all a bit mental and then back to one of the lads houses which was really really mental and where he had a gorgeous huge boxer dog called Bozo and a smaller nippier dog called Shanghai who sat on top of us the whole time and I think I let lick my face.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb