Off to Europe!


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Eurotrip Map!Eurotrip Map!Eurotrip Map!

The map of the Alumni World Travel tour of Europe.
Peter Caldis here,

Here we go! I hope this is the first of many entries on our trip! Before we start the trip, I will give an overview of what we have planned so far.

We're leaving tomorrow (May 27th) from Newark Airport to Dublin, Ireland. We'll be staying for 3 nights in and around Dublin before taking a ferry into the UK (Wales). From there, we take a rental car and spend 3 days/nights going across the English countryside before ending up in London.

On June 5th, we join a tour through Alumni World Travel (through the University of Texas at Austin because we missed Maryland's deadline) that we will stay with for the next 3 weeks. After spending time in London, we take a train to Paris, where we will stay for 3 nights. Then, the tour bus takes us through Belgium to Amsterdam, where we will remain for 2 nights. We then bus to Cologne, Germany and take a Rhine River Cruise to Heidelberg. After that, we go into Switzerland, where we stay for one night and then travel to Munich for 2 nights. Next, we'll go to the "Alpine Center" in Austria, where we will stay for 2 nights.

Next, we bus through Italy, stopping in Venice (1 night), Florence (1 night), and Rome (2 nights). Next, we go to Pompeii before hopping on an overnight ferry to Patras, Greece. We then bus across part of Greece and take a short boat trip to the island of Poros, where we remain for 3 nights. Our final stop on the "school trip" portion of our journey is Athens.

After leaving the alumni trip, Trevor will split off and fly to Barcelona, Spain, where he will stay before getting back to Dublin to fly back on July 3rd. The Peters will likely remain in Athens for a short time and then fly to Paris and do some travel in the French countryside (but this isn't finalized yet) before getting back to Dublin as well.

We're all thrilled for what's to come in the next 5 weeks! We'll see how frequently we can update this blog, but I'll get Trevor and BP (Bizzaro Peter) to write in it as well to get their perspectives. We hope you follow us!

-Peter Caldis (and Trevor Hill and Peter Sulich)

Advertisement



27th May 2012

Enjoy and have a safe trip!!
28th May 2012

I can't believe youre not going to Scotland

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb