Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Baltimore
October 19th 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday, Doug!

Surprise, we are going to Vegas!!!!

Doug's 45th birthday arrived and little did he know that we would be on a plane heading for Las Vegas that very evening! I had made all of the arrangements and packed our bags. All that remained was to leave the house at 5pm.

I had set a few clues out along the way and I was anxious to see if Doug picked up on them. When he got into my car, I had the satelitte radio set on the weather channel for Detroit/Las Vegas. He noticed.............then I have him a box to open with an airplane on the front...as he was opening it the CD playing switched over to the next track...............Faith Hill started singing "Hey Baby, Let's go to Vegas....." as he opened the box to reveal a Las Vegas Travel Guide.

He was very surprised! He said he was about 80% sure it was a trip but he had no idea to where and Las Vegas never entered his mind. Neither of us had ever been before so we were very excited.

Our plane was delayed a bit on the runway but who cared......we were footloose and free for the next four days!!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb