Hot in Annapolis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Annapolis
July 24th 2006
Published: August 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Double T DinerThe Double T DinerThe Double T Diner

We stopped here for breakfast on our way out of Annapolis. Fantastic 1950's style diner, which has actually been open since the 50's!
On Day 3 we drove through Georgetown, one of the surrounding DC neighborhoods, on the way to Annapolis. What a cute area! With it’s beautiful old houses and neat shops, restaurants and cafes lining the main street, this is definitely an area that we would like to come back to when we have more time.

This time though it’s just a quick drive through on our way to Annapolis, the capital of Maryland. We got to our hotel by 12.30, checked in and hit the streets. The historic downtown and harbour area was easy walking distance from our hotel and we were able to cover all the main attractions in one afternoon.

Unfortunately it happened to be a very hot afternoon so we had to break up our outdoor walking with lots of visits to air-conditioned “sights” and we tried to keep in the shade when possible. We took a scenic boat tour around the harbour and saw the outskirts of the US Naval Academy. We also toured the Annapolis State House, the oldest capital building still in use in the country. We ended our day with some drinks and food on the harbour, in the shade of course!
Sailing in the HarborSailing in the HarborSailing in the Harbor

US Naval Academy sailing training in the Annapolis Harbor.
The local cuisine was delicious - Maryland Crab Dip to start and Annapolis Rock Fish for mains.

All in all, we are glad that we ended up staying in Annapolis (thanks to a good hotel deal on Priceline!) It’s a friendly, historical town that is well worth a visit if you are in the DC area.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Annapolis State HouseAnnapolis State House
Annapolis State House

The oldest State House in the country is the central focus of Annapolis.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb