Camden, Maine


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Camden
June 15th 2012
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today Sally and I drove over to Camden, Maine for the afternoon. The drive took about an hour and it was over winding back country roads. Maine is a beautiful state. Very green and picturesque. Sally and I are amazed every day with what we have seen and can't imagine how it could get any better. We ate lunch at a little restaurant right on the bay in Camden. For those of you even close to our age, the tv show, Payton Place was filmed in Camden. The tv series, Murder She Wrote, although filmed in California, had its opening scenery shots taken in Christmas Cove, Maine which is close by to Camden. Parts of Steven Kings movie, Thinner were also filmed in Camden. We took a drive up to Camden Hills state park where they say you can see Bar Harbor on a clear day. The view was fantastic with so small islands and peninsulas as far as the eye could see. Hal there's a picture in here for you!! Tomorrow we are going to Bar Harbor for the weekend. We sail on the Margaret Todd tomorrow afternoon and will be spending the night in Bar Harbor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LobstersLobsters
Lobsters

Being delivered to the restaurant where we had lunch
CamdenCamden
Camden

Taken from Camden Hills State Park
Moody's DinerMoody's Diner
Moody's Diner

Recognize this place Hal?


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb