Visit with Harriet Tilley


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Brunswick
August 18th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.9144, -69.9658

Today, we left the Laughton House cottages that we had been staying at for 3 nights. The place was relaxing and we really enjoyed our time there. We did need to strip the sheets off the beds,and sweep the cottage floor - leaving it as nice as we found it - to get our 100.00 deposit back.

We ate breakfast, did the minor clean up and then we left just right on schedule. We were aiming to leave by 9:30, and I think we left by 9:45am. We drove on Hiway 1 along the winding road towards Brunswick. I had texted Hariett the night before to see if we could stop by between 10:30am and 11:00 just for a short visit.

We got to Harriett's house just at 11:00am. We had a nice visit with her. She explained how they loved Maine and this is where they settled after living in GA for a while. We talked about Mrs. Tilley and how I like to take G'mommy to go visit her BFF (Best Friend Forever). We only stayed for an hour and left just before noon.

We need to get on down to NH, so we got on the interstate and then exit the town of Freeport. We found a city park (benches only) and had a picnic lunch. Karen had a salad and we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

SIDE NOTE: We were in Freeport. I never realized that this was the location for the 24 hour LL Bean Store. That's ok, I'm not into LL Bean. But we were There.

We headed on towards Merrimack, NH where I have points with Choice Hotels (Quality Inn). However, as we were pulling off the hi-way, there was an URGENT care place that we decided to pull off and have Glenn's throat checked out. While Glenn was the insurance stuff filled out, I drove Karen .5 miles to the hotel to get her checked in. I went back to the Urgent Care place to pick up Glenn. He does not have Strep Throat. We went to the local Walmart to get some more vitamin C's, and more medication.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb