Home again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Biddeford
October 18th 2012
Published: October 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Whew, 22 hours transit time is a long poke, especially when it starts at 5:30 a.m., so you aren't able to sleep for the long leg across the Pacific! Looking back, it is all a blur of airplane meals (six of them?) and movies. The best I saw was The Joy Luck Club, culturally appropriate for a trip from China.

But here we are back in Maine, having been picked up at the airport by Erika. We find that in our absence Dayton was in the news for having a domestic shooting incident and a 4.0 earthquake. Good thing we were away in the relative safety of China.

Now we are reveling in having (1) western bathrooms, (2) drinkable tap water, (3) sheets on the bed as opposed to hot comforters, and (4) peanut butter. We're so thankful for the good health we enjoyed on the trip. Not one episode of tummy trouble even with all the unusual foods we ate.

Thanks to all who sent comments on this blog. We're glad you enjoyed it and hope we were able to give you a taste of what our trip was like. We certainly came to appreciate the energy and industry of the Chinese people, and we were treated so well by guides and staff in every city.

Liz & Wayne

Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb