The when/where/what/how for our trip!!


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

So how do 4 strong, opiniated women agree on the where/when/what/how for this amazing trip?? Actually it's easier than you would think. Heather usually takes lead and has ideas on where to cruise. Kelly travelled in Europe last years, so we were able to pick her brain on the logistics of the travel. Kelly also requested it be mid-June to insure her kids are out of school before we leave. Sister #2 started researching for tours/excursions. Once it was decided we would go to Rome 4 days before our cruise, I begged to get to go to Paris for a few days first. It worked!!!

We actually got an amazing deal on our cruise (booked over a year ago). For the first time I got to upgrade from an 'inside' cabin to an 'oceanview' cabin. And for only $60.00 per person. SCORE!! My goal is to get a balcony cabin, but so far they've been too expensive.

We now have our Rome tours booked and paid for...

* 3 hour bike tour around Rome. Coloseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain... Pizza and Gelato and an expresso.

* Tuscany - One day sightseeing tour from Rome. 12 hours.

* Roman countryside cooking lesson. Question is...Will it be loss on me? Don't care, I will get to eat!!

Sister #2 and I are still trying to figure out if we can get a tour of the Vatican on the day we fly from Paris to Rome. Hope so...

Paris...Kind of planning on doing Paris in a laidback fashion. Eiffel Tower - may or may not go up. A picnic in a park with bread, cheese/meats, and wine from a local store. Walk around different neighborhoods. Sit in a café at night with a glass of wine (or two) and people watch. Gelato. Gelato. Gelato.

Accommodations….Kelly and her family had such great luck last year in Europe with Airbnb...So we went with Airbnb...

Paris...

- 2 nights in the center of Paris. Across the street from the Louvre!!

- $135.00 per night.

- 3 bedrooms with a pull out couch. 3 bathrooms and washer dryer. Nice size kitchen.

Rome...

- 4 nights in the center of Rome.

- $56 per night.

- 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Kitchen. Big living room (which we don't need). Washer/dryer - which after 6 days will come in handy before the 7 day cruise!!

************************

Still need to book...

- Greek port call excursions.

- Transportations to/from airports/airbnbs/cruise port.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb