Iowa and then home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa
July 6th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FishingFishingFishing

Hoping to catch a big enough bass to keep...Didn't happen.
On Monday we drove the two hours from Minneapolis to Mason City and checked in to our hotel before driving the 20 more minutes to Sheffield - Brenda's hometown. We spent the week visiting with family and were especially glad that Brenda's brother Brice and his wife Mary and daughter Maci were also visiting at the same time from their home in Arkansas. We also got to see Burton, Nan and Eli along with our newest niece Grace both at their home in Ames and at her folks' house. We had a great week of weather and the kids got to go fishing, swim in the town pool, play croquet and wiffle ball in the yard, etc. Evan even got the chance to practice his driving since the roads are straight and not too much traffic!

We spent the 4th of July watching the fireworks at Belmond and got a great spot almost right under where they were being fired.

We drove to Wichita, Kansas on Saturday and made the LONG drive from Wichita to home on Sunday. And here we are! Back from another road trip. One of the comments Evan made that struck home to me was
Elena and GraceElena and GraceElena and Grace

Elena got to meet her newest cousin.
the fact that now that we were going to be home, the kids probably wouldn't be in the same room together much...and so even though it was sometimes stressful and we didn't want to get in the car and drive, I'm glad we got to spend some time together in the same room!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Driving in IowaDriving in Iowa
Driving in Iowa

Evan got behind the wheel of Grandpa's Cougar...and we all lived to tell the tale.
Shocking PhotoShocking Photo
Shocking Photo

Elena actually CAN do chores! She and Maci helped take laundry off the line.
Easton and EliEaston and Eli
Easton and Eli

They got to be pretty good friends while we were together!
Heginger FamilyHeginger Family
Heginger Family

Grandma, Grandpa and the three Heginger siblings together at home in Sheffield.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb