All packed, and ready to go!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa
March 9th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Roll those clothes!Roll those clothes!Roll those clothes!

Paul and Tina at the packing party last weekend
¡Hola amigos!
Can you believe that we leave for Guatemala in less than 24 hours?! It hardly seems possible! As a matter of fact, it wouldn't be possible at all if it wasn't for the support you all have given us.

Thank you.

You have contributed your time, donations, dollars, thoughts and prayers. Without these gifts, our mission this year would not be possible.

As most of you know, this year's trip is especially exciting because we will be breaking ground on a new school called La Escuela de los Santos, or the School of the Saints. This school will act as one component under Pastor Diane and Estuardo Dardón's new nonprofit, Caminos de Esperanza, or Journeys of Hope.

Although beginning construction for the school will be our main project this week, there will be many other eye-opening experiences as well, so stay tuned for the journey that lies ahead!






Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Brrr!Brrr!
Brrr!

Somehow I doubt we'll see any of THESE while we're down in Guate!
Bags for the Farm FamilyBags for the Farm Family
Bags for the Farm Family

They hold such a dear place in our hearts... you'll read about them later.
Stress of packingStress of packing
Stress of packing

The stress of packing has Shoppa... well, a little frazzled.
Poor CenaPoor Cena
Poor Cena

Pastor Scott got an iguana for the Center... and we named her "dinner" in Spanish. Actually, he got TWO iguanas.... because the first one got lost in his house. It's still missing. We've come to the conclusion that Kathy is a saint.
Isn't she beautiful?Isn't she beautiful?
Isn't she beautiful?

Too bad she's doomed.
Disturbed yet?Disturbed yet?
Disturbed yet?

You should be.
Caminos de Esperanza GlyphCaminos de Esperanza Glyph
Caminos de Esperanza Glyph

Pastor Scott created this ancient Mayan glyph as the symbol for the new nonprofit. AND got a really cool tattoo that made Pastor Diane jealous. (you know you still want one, Diane...)
More packing party fun!More packing party fun!
More packing party fun!

Matt thinks he might look pretty in pink. Kelli however, is not so sure.
Hair nets are coolHair nets are cool
Hair nets are cool

Packing food bags for Feed My Starving Children. The organization donated 12 boxes for us to take down to Guate with us!
But beard-nets just make a person wonder.But beard-nets just make a person wonder.
But beard-nets just make a person wonder.

Brian always is a bit of an odd-duck... And that's why we love him.


9th March 2007

leaving again!
can't believe you're already heading down there, have a wonderful and safe trip. Be thinking about you!
15th March 2007

YOU'RE ANGELS
YOUR WORK IS COMMENDABLE. MAY YOUR LIVES BE ENRICHED BY YOUR WORK TO EXPAND GOD'S KINGDOM. STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE. LOVE TO ALL - SANDY

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb