Trashin' the Camp


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana
March 11th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


First, the funny thing from yesterday that I couldn’t remember to put in here. Before show, Cowboy comes on the radio asking for Sarah. “Sarah, are you on radio? Not the big Sarah, the other one.” Kyle and I look at each other and bust up laughing. The BIG Sarah? Both of us jump on radio telling Cowboy how much trouble he’s in. Kyle tells him to say he meant to say Jami. Haha.

Today we thought we had a really long drive, but instead only had a medium long drive, but either way, we left super early for it. I stayed in bed almost an hour past my alarm, making packing quite hurried. The first several hours of the drive were as usual- sleeping. Then lunch at a rest stop that goes over the freeway where there’s gas and restaurants and all sorts of things. Lots of reading. This book is 350 pages of meaty stuff, so it’s taking a while, but still very good. I’m learning a ton! The author addresses a lot of what the international community did during this time- who helped, who hindered, who hid. It makes me think about what we’re doing as people are dying in Zimbabwe from cholera, or the Sudan or anywhere for that matter.

In Chicago, we made a quick stop to Ikea- my very first time there- and had lots of fun, though it was only for a short time. We’re staying at a camp just south of Chicago, which is the first place the kids came “after the airplane” so they were all sorts of excited. It’s a nice place, but there’s no internet where we are, so we have to walk across to the dining hall and it’s mighty cold outside! Kyle came over and the four of us played Skip-Bo for a bit. Kyle dominated.

Cowboy set up the small projector in their big room for the kids to watch a movie. We asked if we could move it into our house (because it has furniture and things) after the kids’ movie so all the adults could watch one. It became a big bargaining session, but no one could agree. It was quite funny, actually. Then I realized that they had a nice size TV in their room that wasn’t hooked up and I asked for that. Some of the chaperons said yes, some said no. Then Victor moved in into the uncles room so they could watch it, and last I saw, they were enjoying watching AUX (since they had no cables to hook up anything to it.) We’ll see what comes of it.

P.S. I walked over here to post this and forgot my list of African countries. Maybe tomorrow. Good job, David Turner, though!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb