Day 7 (and part 2 of Day 6)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Merrillville
June 11th 2014
Published: June 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well, we made it through Day 6 with no disabling car problems. However, the windshield wiper (the whole wiper arm and blade) flew off as we were cruising through the rain at 55 mph! Steve just started laughing, and went back and picked it up. He had an extra blade, and was able to fix it up, with the help of some tape. Steve also needed some bandaging--cut his finger while fixing the wiper, and he has burns and scrapes all over his hands from working on his hot engine over the past few days! We made it to Norwalk, OH, Motorsports Park. We had a nice supper at Red Lobster in Sandusky, near our hotel. Bobby, David, and Laura will remember some of the good times we have had on family vacations to Sandusky, camping in the motor home and riding the roller coasters at Cedar Point! They will be glad to know we have reformed some of our vacation snacking traditions. No more huge grocery bags full of candy!

Day 7--we are getting up earlier every morning to avoid the traffic jams that occur being in the middle of 4,000 cars going through small towns. There has been
a lot of rain today, so not much chance to take pictures. Nothing special for scenery, driving from Ohio to Crown Point/Merrillville, IN. Staying in the nicest hotel yet tonight--I enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and hottub this afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement







Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb