College Life


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Rock Island
August 20th 2013
Published: August 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

20130623_14181820130623_14181820130623_141818

Augustana College
In my whole life, I never knew College could be so exciting. Throughout television shows and various TV commercials, college always seemed so disastrous. As we were on our way to drop my brother off for his summer of a lifetime experience, it actually felt pretty exciting to drive 3 hours to Rock Island and see all this land and farm animals. As we arrived to our destination we never knew a campus can be SO BIG and beautiful! We looked all around us and to our surprise we were the only Mexican family there.



As we went out for the tour, we got to explore the whole campus! We got to see the gym and the wonderful nature that surrounded the buildings. As the tour finished, we got to enjoy a wonderful dinner that the staff prepared for all the families. As the students were assigned a teacher, we had a chance to sit down and get to know the teacher and ask her any questions. When it was time to leave the students had a chance to do a scavenger hunt or watch a movie. I thought it was the perfect way to relax before classes started and I was excited because I knew that I would be interested on attending summer of a lifetime next year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb