Home at Last!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Mount Carmel
August 24th 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

My last blog was at Ft. John, British Columbia. We were planning to make a few stops on our way home but felt we needed to get home. Last Sunday we spent the night at Red Deer, Alberta Canada. Monday we stayed at Great Falls Montana. Tuesday stopped at Buffalo Wyoming, Mitchell South Dakota on Wednesday and Odessa Missouri last night. Haven't see much the past few days except windshield. We travelled a total of 9,158 miles on our trip. That is a lot of miles for someone(me) that doesn't like to travel. But, the beautiful scenery and the great experiences with our travel companions made the trip a lot easier. I didn't have a blog this week because at some places we did not have wifi and then my laptop decided not to work. Guess it was tired. But, when I got home, I plugged it in and it started working. As I said before Jim and I and Charlie and Ruth travelled on home together. Larry and Carolyn and Barbara and Carroll had some bad luck with their RV coming through Canada. In the rear suspension, the walking beam broke. Then when they were loading the RV on a lowboy, the cribbing broke loose and a board went into the radiator. I think there were some other problems too. They had to be taken to Ft. Nelson. They are still there awaiting parts. Hopefully it will be fixed by next Wednesday and they can head home. Some observations I made during the trip are: lawn maintenance in Alaska is not a priority - around most houses, whatever grows , that is the landscape. If you were in the lawncare business or sold lawnmowers or weedeaters, I don't think you would be in business long. They have a lot of Casinos in Montana and South Dakota. They have a lot of wheat fields in South Dakota. There are very few birds in Alaska - mostly ravens. It is good to be home but I believe that I have enough memories to last a lifetime. Once again, I would like to thank our fellow travellers for sharing the great experience with us. I would especially like to thank Larry and Becky for leading us on our trip through Canada and Alaska. I also would like to thank all for your comments about the blog.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb