In the Beginning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Morton
January 30th 2015
Published: January 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So, this is the first test entry of what will become a travel history of our 2015 MG adventures.

As I work my way thru this format I am going to experiment with options of adding photos, maps, videos, etc. and see how they'll fit into this format.

This is being written on Thurs., Jan 29 at about 8:35 pm.



The first entry will cover our upcoming trip to Key West, FL in April. As a bit of history, the Key West British Car Club is holding an event that is part of the annual Conch Republic Independence Celebration. There will be rallies, tours, a car show, socializing and generally enjoying all the activities that are part of the Independence Celebration. This is to be a 4 day event, starting on April 20 and finishing on April 23. Our itinerary is to leave Morton on April 13 and stopping in the Villages, FL for 4 days or so to visit with Bobbi's long time friend, Sharon, and her husband. Then we'll continue down the coast and arrive in Key West on Monday the 20th. We are staying in Boyd's Campground in Key West, just a couple miles from downtown KW where most of the activities will happen. Most of the people are staying at the Blue Marlin Motel on Duval Street, but they do not allow pets. So since we're taking our travel pooch, Cocoa, we had to find other arrangement. We'll be towing our little trailer to handle all the camping gear. Plans at this point are, upon leaving KW, to travel to Ft. Meyers for a couple days to visit Bobbi's step-granddaughters Sammy and Faith and her longtime friends Charlie and Lona. Then we plan to head to New Orleans for a couple days, travel over to visit Thibodaux, LA where I went to school for a while, drive to Avery Island for a stop at the Tobasco plant, and then head north. We plan to head towards Natchez, MS and connect with the Natchez Trace Parkway, following it all the way to Tupelo, MS and then heading home. Est'd. travel distance: 4000 miles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb