Day 34 - Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 28th 2014
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8861, -87.6364

Today, we drove from Madison, WI to Chicago and arrived in the city around 9:30 am. I had found, through a search on the internet, that you could park RVs in McCormick Place. McCormick Place is a convention center just off the interstate in downtown. They have a 24 hour manned parking lot for trucks, buses, and RVs....and only $30/night. And, it is only 3 miles from Jeff and Malia's apartment.

Jeff picked us up, took us on a drive around the city, and then we went back to their apartment. They live in a beautiful high rise building that borders the Chicago River canal and Lake Michigan. The apartment is awesome, and it is surrounded by incredible sites, attractions, and restaurants/bars.

Jeff and Malia took us on a walking tour of the city, we had lunch at a little beach restaurant on the shore of Lake Michigan, went to the top of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower), had drinks on the outdoor lounge/patio of their apartment building, got a Chicago pizza and ate it at Millennium Park while the symphony played.

We got back to their apartment in time to see the fireworks over Lake Michigan.....right off of their balcony.

We are going to do more exploring tomorrow.....maybe we will run into Ferris Bueller during our Chicago adventures.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb