Chicar-crash


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 27th 2006
Published: September 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone. We´ve been a fair few places since the last update, let us rewind to Chicago. I will just point out that we don´t have any pictures of Chicago and New York as we lost the effing camera!!! Not overly happy about it as we had roughly 550 pics and were just about to get them burned onto CD but we can´t let it cloud our adventure and are bravely pressing on with a new camera we bought in Miami. Back to Chicago anyway, very nice clean city. We were amazed at the number of skyscapers it had and it seemed the biggest city we had visited so far but also one of the safer and more laid back. Our first night we enjoyed dinner in a very nice English pub (I know, I know) after arriving quite late. Next morning we moved hostel from downtown to a suburb called Lincoln Park which was very cool and seemed to be the up and coming "trendy" area with lots of nice pavement bars and restaurants. We chilled out most of the rest of the day but this turned into the usual car crash drinking as we enjoyed aforementioned cool bars in the evening! Got up the next day and went back downtown to wander around town and go up the Sears Tower which was cool. Our flight wasn´t until five am and luckily the 1st hostel let us crash in their common room to watch TV before we shot off to New York.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.7kb