Pixar/Disney Toys and sweatshops


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 30th 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Everyone has enjoyed the wonderful and entertaining movies that have been shown to us as kids and are even entertaining to adults. But behind all the moving movies and toys that we have played with since we were just little kids, there's a long, sad story behind the people who make Disney's toys. There are sweatshops in China that forces child labor and things like working over time and working in those critical conditions. In a factory called Sturdy Products some of the 6,000 workers have to work extra 120 hours every month just so they can reach the demand that consumers in stores like Walmart are demanding. The company makes these toys for a bigger company called Mattel. The work that they do is very stressful and it has been reported that a worked had killed herself because she had been verbally abused by her boss. The little kids have to work to make toys for the wealthier kids which are he ones living here in the U.S. They make the toys from Toy Story, Cars, and Thomas the Tank Engine. An undercover investigation was held to uncover the unacceptable things that these companies were accused of doing. The undercover investigation was successful and they were accused of child labor, working employees overtime, not using the right attire needed for the use of chemicals, and a harsh working environment.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb