Talking to Strangers Project


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This project/NGO was created by Robbie Stokes. And his NGO was that he went around the world and talked to strangers. After quitting his job working in the United States House of Representatives, he set out on a backpacking journey to prove that amazing things happen when you meet new people. For the past 9 months he has been backpacking around the world, through 17 countries sharing stories and experiences with total strangers met along the way. He has met some of the most fascinating people with the most interesting stories and backgrounds. It is refreshing to say that people and mothers were wrong, we should TALK TO STRANGERS ...how else do we make friends?After turning down a $20,000 offer to turn his footage into a documentary, he decided to try something different and create the worlds first documentary about strangers funded by strangers. This 90 min. documentary will restore faith in humanity and will prove that strangers are not so scary after all. In fact, some of the greatest opportunities in life lie in the people you walk past everyday. He wanted to met new people didn't matter what culture. He is making a difference because he is bring people together every though they don't know each other. It doesn't matter where you are you can be in where in the world to "TALK TO STRANGERS".

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb