Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

While searching for global initiatives, I remembered that Bill Gates created a foundation to help globally instead of a remote area. Bill Gates decided to create it when he read an article on poverty in the late 90s and how nobody helps to solve these problems. This foundation says that it has four different sectors to improve different things. One of them called the Global Development Division focuses on improving developing countries were poverty is common. It brings the people out of poverty and stops hunger. It also helps target what the problem is and fund to improve solutions that will definitely work instead of being told that something will happen. Money isn't thrown around to help. Another division is the Global Health Division that works on advancing science and technology to help with the people in need. Medicine is being created or shipped to these developing countries where diseases that have become obsolete like polio aren't cured as easily. Considering that this organization is pretty huge, polio for example is highly treated in countries in the Middle East and parts of Africa. Countries like India, Pakistan, Nigeria, and others are among them. Personally, I think that it's doing a great job. This organization has been running for more than a decade and has shown impeccable improvements based on their official website. It may seem like it's not but just because it isn't publicized doesn't mean it's not doing a great job. There have been major improvements to the countries that are being helped and are being close to check on their progress.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb