B4 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 21st 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in China, and how does this faith differ from Christianity?

Theme: Religions

Blog:

China has many different religions. For example, there are Buddhists, Daoists, Confucianists, Taoists, Muslims, etc. The article I picked says that less then half of the Chinese population is religious. China's constitution allows them to have freedom of religious belief as well. Their constitution also outlaws discrimination against religions and their citizens can't influence others to believe or not believe in certain religions.

The dominant religion in China is Muslim. There are more than 20 million people that believe in the Islamic religion. The Muslim religion is different from Christianity in many ways. Muslims recognize Jesus as a prophet and not as a God. They also worship only one God, named Allah, who they believe is the creator of Jesus. Muslims believe that calling Jesus the Son of God shouldn't make him special because they think that all human beings are the sons and daughters of God. Christians also worship angels, such as Gabriel. However, Muslims believe that angels shouldn't be worshiped because they're the servants of God. Last of all, Muslims believe that the existence of the original sin isn't fair because it says that everyone is born a sinner. The Muslim and Christian religion believe in some of the same things but have a different belief of their God's origin and have issues with the Christian's God.

Link: http://www.cfr.org/china/religion-china/p16272

http://www.discoveringislam.org/islam_vs_christianity.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb