The Religion of Janism...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 29th 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A religion that I thought would be interesting to discuss is the Jainism religion. The Jainism religion is an Indian religion that enforces and represents the idea of non violence toward all living things, spiritual independence, and equality to all forms of life. Jainism states that the universe came to be on its own, but people who believe in the Jainism religion believe that there is no need for a higher power to govern them; moreover, the Jainism religion does believe in the concept of three types of classes the lower, middle, and higher class, which is what people who believe in this religion are trying to stop to form one form of class. What the believers of this religion believe in trying to accomplish and contribute to the world is that all people are equal in every way and that it should be that way. The only ritual practices Jainism requires for every believer is to site a daily prayer. This prayer is calledNamokara mantra, which is a series of six sayings that are also six overall duties of every worshiper. The duties are; practicing serenity, praising the tirthankar, respecting teachers and monks, introspection, stillness, and renunciation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement




Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb