B6 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 12th 2013
Published: September 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has the power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Country: England

Link: http://www.england.mu/articles/england-form-government.html

Paragraph 1: England has a type of government called a monarchy. It is almost like a democracy, but not yet. Instead of having a president like in the U.S, they have a Queen. Although, the most influence in England's government comes from the prime minister and the Parliament.They have a party system. The head of the party system is their prime minister.They have laws in England. The parliament suggests new laws, they are the legislative body. Then, there are two houses, the house of Lords and the house of Commons. The citizens of England choose the house of Commons. On the other hand, the house of Lords is chosen by the Queen.

Paragraph 2: In England their government is a monarchy and they are kind of developing a democracy. The Queen of England has the power in England. The prime minister, the parliament, the house of Lords, and the house of Commons also have power. The people, the citizens have some power, since they elect the house of Commons. However, the citizens don't have all of the power, like in America where the people elect the president, their ruler. The English are probably used to being ruled, since they do not get to choose their Queen, their ruler. Therefore, in order to be powerful you have to be a royal. This is why whenever someone is added to the royal family, England celebrates.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb