RIHLA #27


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 24th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Where in the world is this event taking place?

-This article talks about what was happening in Japan during World War II. The mayor of one of their cities commented on the fact that the use of "confort women", or prostitution was mainly to please the japanese soldiers. Many of these women were forced into the prostitution, but the government found it morally correct to comfort the soldiers with these women.

Who is involved?

-The women who where sexually used and the government is involved in this situation. The citizens of Japan are also greatly involved and have started peaceful rallys or petitions or groups on this matter.

What human right is being protected or violated?

-I believe that the right to freedom is being violated becuase the women were held against thier lives to do this for the men and many were forced into the prostitution, so that is cause for violation of the right to freedom and the right of everyone is free.

What are your thoughts on the issue?Do you think enough is being done?What other solutions or ideas do you have?

-I believe that this is inhuman. I understand that the Japanese soldiers put their lives at risk and deserve something in return, but I do not believe that the use of women to please the men was at all a rightous move. The whole aspect of prostitution and forced sex labor is inhuman.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.6kb