RIHLA #27


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 28th 2013
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sick inmates dying behind bars despite release program.

http://www.npr.org/2013/05/23/185563665/sick-inmates-dying-behind-bars-despite-release-program









This current event is taking place in the United States. This article tackles the topic of early release for inmates who are close to death and want to be with their family before they pass away. In this specific article a man named Clarence Allen Rice and how he went through the difficult process of trying to be released early because he only had a few months to live. In the article the process of trying to be released early was very difficult and many inmates died before they could get the ok to be released. The human right that is trying to be upheld better is the right to not be discriminated. Some people are saying that the people who approve this are not being considerate to the amount of time that they have to live and also are discriminating the people just because they have been convicted. I think that even though these people have been convicted of a crime does not mean that they don't get to be with their families in the time of death. Also everyone should be treated equal and should not be discriminated because of what they have done. A suggested solution to this could be to make sure that the people who approve the inmates to get out early have a limit on how long it takes them to reach a decision. This will help to insure that the inmates have a chance to get an early release.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb