RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

In Bangladesh, a factory collapsed killing over 1,100 people. The factory was essentially built with only 3 floors, but the building owners decided, without the factory owners consent to add 5 more stories to the building. From then on Bangladesh started to do factory inspection and have shutdown a few factories as a result. They also installed heavy machinery which only increased the likelihood of the factory collapsing. I would say that in particular that rights were violated because of part one of article 23 and article 24. Article 23 because it states that the workers should be in favourable conditions, yet their working in very hazardous and grim conditions.Article 24 talks about working at reasonable pay and these workers were working for $28 a month.I believe that the families of the people that died should recieve a settlement of some kind. I also believe that the factory owner should be replaced because there is no way that you don't notice that 5 stories have been added on a building.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 997kb