RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) The article is about how the workers' human rights were violated who worked in Bangladesh. In addition, many workers were killed because of the heavy equipment in the building.

2) The human rights were violated. That is because the workers were paid some of the lowest wages in the world to sell clothing bound for global retailers. The workers didn't have medical insurance either. The building that they worked in was very dangerous. The owner added floors to the structure illegally and allowed the factories to install heavy equipment that the building was not designed to support. Also, it violated their freedom of opinion and expression because the owners of garment factories didn't allowed them to form trade unions.

3) I agree with what the government has been done about it so far. However, I think the government should pass certain laws to protect the workers' rights, and the owners of garment factories should double check the buildings to make sure it's safe for the workers to work there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb