RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

There have been a series of building collapse in Bangladesh which is the third biggest exporter of clothes in the world. The article talks about how might the minimum wage workers are having their Human Rights violated and if they are even being paid enough. In then talks about the collapse of Rana Plaza and how it raised questions about the conditions in Bangladesh and its garment industry.

Their right are violated because they should have the freedom to assemble and speech which they say you need permission for. Then they are being ripped off by only being paid 38$ A MONTH because off government corruption and the desperation of jobs. For the risk they are working at and the amount of labor being done $38 a month probably wouldn't even cross your mind.

I think there should be more factory inspections then when they are done go back and make sure the building is closed or they had made changes. They should also charge the owners of the buildings or those who are running it a great free since they are risking so many lives under one roof.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb