RIHLA #24


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 25th 2013
Published: April 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) The ideas of that of all men are created equal and that all men have certain unalienable rights are hard for America to fulfill because all people weren’t allowed to vote back when our country was established. Only white, male, Christian, and property-owners had the right to vote in 1790. Another reason why I argue that these ideas are hard for America to fulfill is because women didn’t have all the rights that men had. For example, women didn’t get the right to vote until 1920. Lastly, even today men get paid cents more than women. It may be a small difference, but it shouldn’t be unequal no matter how small the amount is.

2) I feel that violence justifiable when trying to prove a point only in certain situations. For example when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, I feel that it was only right for us to bomb them back. But, the nuclear bomb that we used had took the whole idea “you hit me, I will hit you back” too far. When you want to voice your opinion, violence is not the way to go because if people know you are violent, why would they listen to your opinion?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.1kb