RIHLA #24


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 25th 2013
Published: April 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. There are a lot of ideas in the declaration that I can argue and say that it is still difficult to fulfill in reality. Violence is still very difficult to fix. Laws and regulations have been passed to avoid certain violent circumstances, yet the situation never changes, and it becomes worse as time goes by. For instance, the issue with gun rights was said to be changed but it hasn't People are still in possession of them and say they have them for their own protection, but some in reality may use it for the wrong reasons. Others may just have them for the opposite reason… to use them against someone. For example, not so long ago a young girl was killed (shot) at the park by a gang member. This isn't the only case of bad usage of a gun; there are plenty of other altercations like the Sandy Hook, Boston Bombing, etc.

2. Personally, I don’t think violence is ever justifiable for making a point or having an opinion heard. Instead, being violent only causes more conflict, nothing gets resolved, people get hurt, and voices don’t get heard. Through the transaction of violence no voice is being heard due to the fact that the opponents are in a state of mind where they block themselves and only want to see the enemy destructed. How can a person grow and move on when violence is in the situation?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003.1kb