RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 15th 2013
Published: April 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Since there are many different scenarios in which our predecessors made commitments I cannot come to a conclusion on whether or not the government has the right to go against those past commitments. I think it all depends on the circumstances in which they would chose to go back on the commitments. For example, if they just chose to go back on the commitment because they didn't find it necessary to stick to it with it then that's not justifiable. But if the country or place in which the commitment was made did something bad to us, such as attack us, then it would be reasonable for us to go against the commitment. I also don't think that the government itself should make this decision I think the people should have a say. I say that because if that country or place gets upset and decides to attack America then the people would be directly affected. It would make no sense for the people to be affected if we had no say so in whether or not the commitment was broken. So basically, my point is that it all depends on the situation to decide whether or not the government should turn back on the commitments that our predecessors made.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 999.3kb