RIHLA#23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 14th 2013
Published: April 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I feel that the Government should be responsible today for abiding with the commitment that it's predecessor's made because the Native Americans were on this land first and they didn't want to take part in any conflict with anyone. Many Native American's are suffering today because of promises that are being broken within the Government that had been promised to them hundreds of years ago. Even though its been so long ago, a promise is a promise, and the Native Americans relied on that promise and they should still keep their promise today no matter how long it has been. The promises guaranteed Native Americans, to have their own sovereignty nation , which stands for independent. The rights that many of the Native Americans wanted to keep were, of natural resources like water, fishing and hunting in traditional homelands. Today many of these commitments that the Native Americans have made with the Government have been broken and the Government today actually breaks those promises so that they can reduce the hunting, the land, the education and health, and much more. These aren't just small promises that are being broken. These are life changing promises and that's all that the Native Americans asked for by giving up their land. It's very devastating to know that everything that the government today is breaking these treaties. These treaties, can be effecting the Native American's life in a huge way and it's very heart broken to know that they are. The fight for their rights continue today?Who are we to judge these peaceful people who just wanted peace with us and gave up their home lands to us? Why don't they have the rights that they should have? I feel that we should all take stand on this issue and do something about it! This is the Native American's land too and they deserve ownership of some of it too. Just as we are proud of our land, the Native's should want to feel the same way and get to feel what we feel. It's only fair.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb