RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 3rd 2013
Published: March 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Piracy still exists in the modern world and they can be highly dangerous. All the so called "pirates" still steal money and ships, and are still likely to kill other people on different ships, pirates or not. Now, there is more men and more weapons that are more advanced than they use to be in the 17th century.

2. One major difference of piracy actions is the kind of weapons that they use. There has been more pirate attacks now than there ever was in the 17th century. In addition, piracy is trying to be stopped by government and military now, but before it didnt seem like it was something that they worried about.

3. The athorities are trying to fight back with the pirates, which is their solution to stop piracy. I don't agree that this is the best solution because the authoritites are just lowering themselves to their level, by fighting, when they can do other things that doesn't involve violence. Obviously there is a law against piracy, but I feel that there could be more ways to stop piracy. Maybe have some military people watch the seas where piracy occurs the most. This time arrest them instead of fighing and killing.

4. I don't agree that piracy is ever justifiable because, from what I have read, it seems dangerous for people. Many attacks of pirates led to deaths, maybe to some who are innocent and had nothing to do with the pirates.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb