RIHILA # 19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 27th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) This article was about the basic idea that us americans and the people of Europe celebrate Columbus is wrong. Historains argue that columbus was a cruel and violent man. The reasons for this have to do with slavery, torture, disease,murdering, and brutality he had brought to native americans. Historains even say Columbus was dropped down prestige because of his actions. This just shows why we americans should not honor Columbus as a holiday.

2) I found this to be very shocking because in my old school i would always hear about Columbus and how great he was. Now that i found out what really happened i see Columbus a a greedy cruel man; moreover, we should not have a holiday because of him.

3) This connects to class because we are currently learning about " the Age of exploration" because Columbus was an explorer and he led spain to great power.In fact, Columbus actions led to the invasion of mexico and south america. There is vocab terms here such as " age of exploration" , Taino, small tribe of native americans and Columbus himself as a key term.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb