RIHLA#19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 25th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. This article was about how the Day of the Dead is celebrated. This is when natives practice rituals that mock death. They use some of the principles that the Aztecs used which is the use of skulls. However, the Spaniards believed that death marked the end of life,but the natives embraced death and to them if your dead you are truly awake. So because of this the Spaniards tried to kill this ritual but they did not succeed. Day of the Dead is celebrated differently depending on where you are. Many family build alters to worship their loved ones. What they include in these alters is photos, favorite foods,and flowers for their loved ones.

2. My reaction to this article was interested. I was interested because it is cool to see how many families have different ways of celebrating their loved ones. Also, how they would go to certain extremes like making food and taking the time to build an altertot celebrate life.

3. This connects to class because we are currently learning about the Aztecs being conquered. And in this article the Spaniards wanted to defeaeither ritual that the natives had but eventually they failed to do so.



Check back for my blog😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 999.3kb