A2 RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 19th 2013
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. This article is about tracking students by GPS who skip school too often. In Anahem Union High School District they are frustrated by students who are skipping school too often. The school is the first in California to try out the GPS on the students, and they decide to test it on seventh and eighth graders who have four or more unexcused absences. The school says that they are not trying to punish the students by doing this, but they are trying to teach the students to get to class on time and keep them accountable. To track the students efficiently, students have to type in a code five times a day that will track their location. Students are also assigned adult coaches who call to see how their day is and help students to find effective ways to make they get to class on time.

2. When I first received the article, I was surprised because I had never heard of a school that actually tracks their students with a GPS. Once I read the article I was fascinated about how it all worked. In the beginning I was a little skeptical on whether the students could actually be trusted with a GPS. I kept wondering what if the students do not type the code five times a day. What will happen then? As I kept reading the article, it was shocking for me to see that it actually was helping students which to me mean that they actually listened and followed the procedure. Once I finished the article, it really relieved me that there is an actually way to help students from continuously skipping school.

3. This article relates to class because even though we do not have GPS's we are still being tracked. It is nearly impossible for students to skip class because there are always teachers standing in the hallway making sure students get to class on time. Students are never alone in hallways during the class period because there always has to be an escort.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb