RIHLA#17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. The reasons that books are banned in schools are becuase sex, profanity, and racism are the majority topics of the books in libraries. Therefore, some people found it as offensive and disagreeable. Also, parents believed some books are hazardous and contain evil content.

2. I disagree with the reasons because I think people who like to read books should have unlimited reading content. People have the freedom of the press and freedom of speech; books are published for people to read. If the books are banned, then what is the point for publishing the book and let people perceived the opinions of others?

3. The teachers should be able to decide what books are taught in school. Since the teachers know what's the best for students to learn. They know students' reading levels and the books they chose can make students think critically. There are certain limits to students because books with sex and profanity, some might not be able to handle it.

4. If an individual wanted to fight book censorship, an approach they could take is to attend and participate in public hearings, then let the officials to know that there a lot of people who are also strongly opposed of banning books. Also, they can write letters to public officials, as well as working with the community to earn the right to read in the community.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb