Banning Books?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 11th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After reading this page about books being banned, I believe that some of the reasons, or actually the main ones, that books would be banned are if they have sex, profanity, and/or racism. The reason for that is because some adults think it is a "bad thing" for someone to read such descriptive detail that they do not let them–selves or their child(ren) read such books, but go to an extent that does not let others read such books as well. In my opinion, I can see the reason behind their doings, but I do not see how their extent should even exist or anyone else's for thet matter. The people that should prevent books at the most are teachers for they are the people who teach students and I know not every teacher would ban books, but avoid it. If people wanted to go further to stop the banning or censorship of books, then they should talk to different associations that are bringing books back from banning to let that person help them, or he or she can start a new association and get support.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb