RIHLA #16


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. My Renaissance person is Francisco Mendoza, my seventh and eight grade art teacher.

2. I consider Mr. Mendoza to be a Renaissance person because art was his passion. He drew like if there was no tomorrow. He always had a story behind his art.

3. This person has had an impact on me because his art always had a meaning behind it and everytime I entered his class it was a mission for his students to express what they felt throughout art. He always said, "Students! Art comes in many different ways, but it always comes from your imagination without hasitating."

4. Mr. Mendoza had made a lot of murals in pilsen, but one piece of art that inspired me to be so interested in art so much is a strong tree in the middle of many flowers. He painted this piece of art because he had cancer and most of his family died before getting to 50, and so he had said to himself that when he passed his age of 50, without passing away of cancer, he will draw him self as a stong tree sorounded by many flowers representing the members that died of cancer before getting to the age of 50. If you had anything in the world to paint, what would it be and what would be the meaning/story behind it?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb