RHILA#13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
January 8th 2013
Published: January 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. My hero Leo McCarthy 14 year old daughter mariah was killed, when trying to cross the street; however due to reckless driving ( drunk & driving ) underage drinking mariah was killed. Leo McCarthy refuses to let his daughter mariah tragic death become just another statistic,therefore Leo talked to underage drinkers and ask if theypromise to not drink before they reach their drinking age he would reward them with money.Leo started a little program called the mariah challenge not only to keep people aware of the tragic death of his daughter but to make sure he can make a change in other invivduals life. People nationwide took the mariah challenge and the outcome was successful. Leo my hero got people to realize underage drinking is really serious that drinking period is serious and you should be aware . Leo have decreased the drinking rates nationwide.

2. My reaction to Leo is shocked ,because instead of him breaking down about this tragic event that occureed , he kept looking for ways to betted the situtation. Leo daughter death brought him closer to other youths and maxe them realize the importance of things. I strongly agree that my hero Leo McCarthy should be nominated as a hero because he change the world worldwide.

3. In 2012 my greatest contribute was realizing you can't put everyone at faught for one person mistake. Learning to forgive others more often than usaully and to not shut down my brain and everything else when things get tough. Learn to face your problems.

4. In 2022 I was nominated to be the one who started so low but became so successful.







TUNE IN FOR MORE GOOD IDEAS & STORIES .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb