Rhila#13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 18th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hind Ahma's veil is diffrent from other traditional muslim veils because her veil covers her from head to toe only allowing an opening for her eyes. While other veils only cover a spefic part of the person that is wearing them.

Ahmas is unable to wear her veil because france passed a law that prevents women from wearing the niqab veil in public. The french government belives that if women use this spefic veil out in public then the women wouldn't be able to be part of soceity because the veil represents ancient and sextist religious restrictations on women. Ahams feels that the french goverment has taken away her rights because she chooses to wear the niqab on her own. She is definalty aganist this law because she has broken it on numerous occasions.

The defenders of the law support this ban for two reasons. The first reason is that the french goverment belives that by wearing the niqab veil it resticts womens' rights and freedoms in society. The second reason is that the defenders of the law also belive that by having this law in affect it surpresses acts of crime and terriosm.

I belive the goverment should not be able to decide what constitutes female oppression because women like Ahmas should be able to express themselves any way that they want to and i consider her heroic because she is standing aganist the goverment for her beliefs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb