RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<!---->
1.Hind Ahmas’ veil is different from other Muslim veils because hers is covered from head to toe like usual. But, there is only a slit for her eyes so she is able to see.

<!---->2. <!---->Ahmas is unable to wear her veil because France passed a law that banned veils being worn in the public for religious reasons. Ahmas feels that it is unfair that she can’t wear he veil in public. Even though the law banned people from wearing face coverings in the public for religious reasons, she still continues to wear her veil.

<!---->3. <!---->The two main reasons that people support this law is because they feel that the veil prevents a person from fully participating in French society. They also feel that the veil can start crimes or even terrorism. The other main reason is that the supporters feel that the law frees women from oppression.

<!---->4. <!---->In my opinion, I feel that the government shouldn’t be able to decide what constitutes female oppression. I feel this way because the women of the Muslim faith only wear the veil for religious purposes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb