rihlA 13 _ Not All Veils


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hind Ahmas' veil is different from other Muslim veils is because she wears a niqab that covers her entire body form head to toe except for a little slit that makes people only see her eyes with a little skin. This is different from the other Muslim veils since the burqas cover the entire face and have a screen to see and breathe through, but not from the outside. Ahmas is not able to wear the niqab because it is against the law in France if someone does wear it. She feels it is hurting her tradition by not being able to wearing that unless jail time or fines are involved for people who violate that law. The law was made to keep from violating the participation of French society. The law also liberates woman from oppression which means it keeps women from being controlled to cover or show their entire body or parts of it. I do not think a government should be able to decide what constitutes female oppression since some females would wear a burqa or niqab for religious reason or some women would wear other things to impress other people. I would only let the government to constitute female oppression so they would unify them together.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb