A5 RIHLA # 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 15th 2012
Published: December 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Hind Ahmas' veil is a head to toe veil that cloaks the body and covers the face, leaving just a slit for the eyes. It's usually worn by more conservative Muslims. Others are less conservative and or more covering with the face.

2. Ahmas is unable to wear her veil because of a law that the French made called the "burqa ban". The "burqa ban" says that covering of the face is forbiden in public spaces. She feels that this is a sort of racism and prejudism. She says that "it has made her life miserable".

3. The two main arguments of the law defenders are that the veil prevents the women from participating fully in society and that it prevents others from oppressing the women in a harmfull matter. They also say that it may help prevent terrorism.

4. Personally, I would not like to be told what to do because they are "caring" for my well being. The government doesn't have the right to do that because that is a privacy to what is the women's right as a human and on how they express themselves. And the government should not do that because only one as a person can only know what or who is oppresing them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb