RIHLA #11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1a. What makes someone a hero is a person’s actions. It’s not any action that makes someone a hero but a positive and reliable action that can change someone’s life in some way. A hero can protect people or simply a person who has powers that other people don’t have. The way the people in the United Sates decide which people to celebrate is by actually thinking who did something drastically in the world or in a country.



2. It’s easy to tell who “good” people and heroes are during their lifetime because “good” people were someone that was into religious beliefs with god. However, a hero was someone who fought in war for their side. I think opinions on Joan of Arc were changed because she wanted to get closer with god after she was captured to go to heaven.



3. I don’t think its fair to revise how we feel about historical figures based on new evidence because even though there is new evidence on a person the United States celebrate in, were still going to celebrate for them because they did something big in the United States or in the world. We celebrate the people we celebrate today because we are thankful for what they did.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb