RIHLA #11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 2nd 2012
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The actions of a person and the intentions of the actions determine if that person can be considered a hero or not. We chose to celebrate people who were strong when the rest were weak, and people who would do anything to protect and help those which they love and cherish. Of course not everyone agrees on who the heroes should be. To some a person may be loved and celebrated, while to others that same person might be despised and viewed as a crook. Of course people change their minds because it isn’t easy to tell if someone is good in the present time because you don’t know what they are going to do and also because people can change. As well as new evidence changing your views because everyone is eventually brought up for all their wrong doings and crimes. Joan of arc for example was at first burned on a stake for heresy, or claiming to be divine, and as time progressed she became more accepted until the pope made her a saint then no one talked bad about her. Of course, people have the right to change their mind on a historical figure so long as evidence is provided. However can one be shamed because a certain action they committed in the past is no longer accepted in the future? No, because they could have not possibly comprehended today’s society. Reason being is that they lived in the past.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb