RIHLA #7 (Style VS. Substance)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 2nd 2012
Published: November 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) Presenting something and what that something is can be two very different things. In fact, some times it doesn't even matter what you are going to present, if your way of presenting it is not relatable or--well-- good, then what your presenting (lets call it the substance), might as well go in the trash. I believe, though, that the substance should always be the most important part of someone's argument. If the world were to only choose someone based on their style, then the world might as well turn itself upside down. Arguments aren't suppose to be fashion contests. They are suppose to be one matter being debated by two KNOWLEGDABLE people. That's my opinion on this: Substance over Style.

2) Despite my ealier stated views on this whole matter, Substance is not always taken over Style. In fact, I believe most people are too blinded by the flashiness and appeal of one arguement, to really realize what they are getting themselves into. This is a really dangerous mistake. Not only are you potentially buiying yourself into something you might completely disagree with, you might be effect millions of other people around you if the thing you are doing is voting for the new President of the U.S. Yes, so much power in one little mistake. I can uncerstand if you are distracted by sparkling things, but I believe people need to stop look at the appeal and start reading the facts.

3) Once, or a couple of times actually, I seen these two battling ice cream shops. One of the ice cream shops had been there for a really long time. It was family-ran and small but still cozy. Then this other ice cream shop moved in and ruined the other ones business! The other ice cream shop was larger, flashier, and a hit among the teens of the neighborhood. They got their ice cream, though, from manufacturers, while the smaller ice cream shop made their own ice cream. Eventually the small ice cream shop closed down. Another score for Baskin Robbins.

4) I believe the ong Stay Awake by All Time Low would be an apporpriate song to play when initializing presentation. This song speaks of our dreams as indivisuals and how, though we might leave someone important to us behind for the time being, we need to go after them. We must be determined and dedicated. You can do whatever you want to. But, while doing this, keep in your heart and mind your past and set from there what you want your future to be. It's beautiful.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb